Engaging kids with ADHD and Reading Disabilities
Time & Location
About the Event
Come join a light-hearted webinar, information-packed. See the teaching in action!
One of the greatest challenges facing teachers during these uncertain times is a student's ability to attend. Join this webinar to find out strategies to engage students and keep them focused.
Learn tips on:
- How to connect with a student online
- How to set up your virtual classroom
- How to have smooth transitions
- How to limit tech troubles and how to have a Plan B ready
- How to reel the student back in when he/she is frustrated
- How to build in movement breaks and games to keep the momentum of your lesson
About The Presenter:
Michelle Breitenbach has supported reading teachers and tutors through workshops focused on maintaining multi-sensory methods, .engaging with games, and motivating students with movement. She holds a dual Master's in Teaching Moderate Disabilities ( pre-k - 8) and Elementary Education (k-6) from Lesley University in Cambridge, MA. Additionally, she is a certified Wilson Dyslexia Practitioner and has been teaching online for almost two years. Michelle takes her practical experience that she has learned online (courtesy of her students ) and combines it with what she learned as a special educator. She delivers an information-packed, light-hearted webinar that will provide you with a toolbox of strategies to implement tomorrow. Her goal is to continue to provide training to reading teachers, so kids with dyslexia will be able to have access to a qualified instructor regardless of location.
- Engaging ADHD students online$0$00$0